[Wolves] SuSE gets better :P

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Fri Mar 3 22:54:22 GMT 2006

Evnin All

SuSE has got better, after having broad band my NFS connection was shagged due
to the ADSL router thats because I used to have fixed IP's for the Laptop and
the SuSE box via a HUB.

Anyway, I decided today to set up NFS again and it took exactly 10 minutes,
only because I needed to make some changes first so for a new connection I
reckon it would take 5 minutes.

Faffed around on the Fedora Laptop and changed the folder I wanted exporting,
nipped over to the SuSE box, fired up YAST, clicked on NFS-Client told it
what folder to look for and where to mount it, clicked on the browse button
it found the laptop, wrote to fstab and duly mounted the share.

I did add an option so that I could mount and unmount it as a normal user but
all in all pretty painless.

Easy peasy lemon squeazy, thats whats needed if Linux is gonna take off!

--
Regards
Peter Cannon