[Wolves] Thank you for having me

Shane M. Coughlan shane at shaneland.co.uk
Thu Mar 16 00:05:43 GMT 2006

Hi everyone

Thanks so much for allowing to to visit your LUG.  I had a wonderful
time.  Of course it's really interesting to meet people who use Linux,
but it was also fun just to meet such a friendly bunch.  I hope I didn't
bore you to tears with my talk (as political as it was!).

Free Software is a very big place these days.  From Mozilla to
Openoffice.org, we've got fantastic groups making fantastic things.
Communities range from LUGs to massive online entities like
spreadfirefox.  It's really impressive, and I'm glad to be part of it.

If we could keep pushing, putting a little extra effort in, I think
we'll see Linux spread even further.  We need to think about things like
DRM, and we need to talk about things like the GPLv3.  If we do this,
and truly engage, a world where pretty much everyone has access to
pretty much everything will be closer.

http://gplv3.fsf.org to talk about the GPLv3

http://www.fsfe.org to join the Free Software Foundation Europe

http://www.fsfeurope.org to see what the Free Software Foundation Europe
does

I would really value feedback and comments, either here or to my private
address.  I'd also like to come along to another one of your meetings,
this time just to listen :)

Regards

Shane

- --