[Wolves] Linux & digital photography

Simon Morris simon.morris at cmtww.com
Tue May 2 09:44:48 BST 2006

Lee Parkes wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm looking for a tool or app that can do batch image conversion.
> Basically I
> want to take a directoty of pictures and convert them from one size to
> another.
> I'm not bothered if I have to script it or if it's a GUI style tool.

Batchgimp is a collection of perl scripts for adding drop shadows,
resizing etc.

You need to be able to read perl a little as some scripts action on a
single file, some on all files in a directory and you also need to
change a variable in the script as it was written for version 1 of the Gimp.

But they basically work fine.

http://freshmeat.net/projects/batchgimp/

Thanks

~sm