[Wolves] iFolders

Andy Smith andy at lug.org.uk
Wed May 3 13:59:43 BST 2006

On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 01:30:04PM +0100, Dick Turpin wrote:
> On Wednesday 03 May 2006 12:37, Kevanf1 wrote:
>
> > This one?
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/pv8zo
>
> You on a 'Pay per Click' or something ;-)
>
> Tiny url this, Tiny url that -lol

As an aside, I find tinyurl and its like really annoying as you
can't tell where they go to without going, thus I can't tell if I've
already seen it, nor guess if it is safe for work, etc.

It would be better if they gave out fixed-length urls of say 45
characters that included as much of the detination URL as possible.
Does a service like that exist?

(Not as annoying as stupidly long URLs, obviously)

--
http://strugglers.net/wiki/Xen_hosting -- A Xen VPS hosting hobby
Encrypted mail welcome - keyid 0x604DE5DB