[Wolves] OT: police powers?

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Thu May 4 09:18:14 BST 2006

I apologise to everybody for this totally OT topic but I did not know
where else to ask.

What powers do the police have concerning stopping schoolchildren (in
uniform so obviously schoolchildren) in the street?  Two officers, one
male one female with no other adults and they were in an unmarked
Freelander.  My family and I just witnessed these two stop loads of
kids and checked through their school bags.  They then wrote down
notes.  No teachers about.  It seemed to be that they were stopping
each and every kid that walked down the road.

Is that legal?

Once again, apologies for the totally OT subject.

Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362

Cheslyn Hay
Staffordshire