[Wolves] Creating an install script?

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Thu May 4 14:50:15 BST 2006

On Thursday 04 May 2006 14:18, Lee Parkes wrote:
> Hi,
> A colleague and I have been tasked with maintaining the Linux VM and host
> OS that our colleagues use. Some of the people aren't native Linux users
> but will be expected to install Linux on their laptops. I was wondering if
> anyone has or knew of a way of installing Linux "automatically" as it were?
> This way we can perhaps prevent any issues arising from user innocence..

Bootstrap? The best bet is to get an external USB HDD setup your own ftp tree
on that with only the specific packages you want. The create your bootstrap
with the HDD as the installation source.

I haven't a clue how to set this up but the the idea is sound. The people
installing may not have internet access hence the HDD idea.

--
Regards
Peter Cannon
Jabber:highwayman.turpin at gmail.com