[Wolves] Re: OT: police powers?

Kelly, Martin Martinkelly at wlv.ac.uk
Thu May 4 16:05:12 BST 2006

On Thursday 04 May 2006 09:36, Kevanf1 wrote:

> I suspect a drugs search but I thought this had to be done with a
> parent in attendance for under 16s?
AND PETER WROTE:
Nope, anyone of any age may be made to turn their pockets out, what your
getting confused about is that a child under 10 years old cannot be convicted
of a crime. Plus these days drugs to a certain degree are on the back burner
these little sods are carrying knives and god knows what these days.

Pardon moi for being old fashioned, ( and butting in).

Aren't the police empowered to "Stop and search", only on  grounds of reasonable suspicion, and need to declare what they are looking for?

This little detail stops "Stop and search" turning into harrasment (which was the main problem with SuS).

Or have more of our rights been given away without my noticing?

Mart ( an old git who remembers these things).