[Wolves] Re: OT: police powers?

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Fri May 5 11:46:30 BST 2006

On Friday 05 May 2006 11:19, Kelly, Martin wrote:

> Yeah but, No But.
> Having tested the limits of the law a few times myself, I know from
> experience that some police officers will yeild a little if they think you
> know something about the law.

I don't really want to prolong this thread but just to mirror your experience.
I myself was *Stopped and Searched as a school boy* circia 1975 in
Charlton-London while in uniform 500 yards from the school Charlton Boys
Secondary.

Also I have had the pleasure of a Police interview room for the heinous crime
of arguing my right to be in a play area (Actions likely to cause a breach of
the peace)

We can all be 'barrack room lawyers, get what we believe to be our rights off
the net but at the end of the day if the cops want to nick you they will. My
farther was on his way home in the early hours of the morning from a fishing
trip to the Darenth (Down south) the cops pulled him over for observing all
the traffic lights and road rules!, why? Because apparently behaving lawfully
at 3am is suspicious.

We would all like to believe our cops are the best in the world along with our
justice system however I'm afraid it could not be further from the truth.
Supposedly you are innocent until proven guilty yet watch any fly-on-the-wall
police program and you'll see every effort being put into proving guilt I
have yet to see or experience evidence of every effort being made to prove
innocence.

Just as a cynical side thought, totally unconnected;
If I see a couple of coppers walking down the road my first thought is "Who's
nicked your car?"

--
Regards
Peter Cannon