[Wolves] Police, Stop&Search, discussion the other day

Wayne Morris wayne at machx.co.uk
Thu May 18 00:58:28 BST 2006

Jono Bacon wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> Hope your daughters are OKand not too traumatised. I can't believe
> what is going on in f**king schools these days...
>
>  Jono

<cynical mode on>
Only thing that new is the 'everyone's a victim' culture.
We used to arrange to fight other schools every week, albeit with fists
and occaisionaly baseball bats and fence posts.
I'm forty, so this would have been 1979 or so.
I'm lead to beleive there was a 'fifties' where people hit each other
with motorcycle chains and before that
a 'wartime' where people actually 'killed' each other with 'guns'.
Nobody I was in school with has claimed compensation for post tramatic
stress disorder.

On a similar point, the papers are full of 'youngest girl pregnant with
baby at 11' like it was a miracle.
Again., in 1980 I was in school with a girl who had her second abortion
- aged 12 - so whas new?

Kids today watch more murders and violent acts before the watershed 9pm,
why the hell would they be bothered if it happened in real life?