[Wolves] Police, Stop&Search, discussion the other day

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Fri May 19 23:16:49 BST 2006

On 19/05/06, Peter Cannon <peter at cannon-linux.co.uk> wrote:
> On Thursday 18 May 2006 20:39, Andy Wootton wrote:
>
> > Maybe my suspicions are unfounded and
> > it's active community policing at it's best but how much freedom would
> > we be willing to give up in order to feel safe?
>
> Tell that to the parents of this poor lad.
> http://uk.news.yahoo.com/19052006/325/police-hunt-london-schoolboy-s-knife-killer.html
>
> --

Yet, I often wonder around a public open area with a knife that is
issued as standard to US Marines, the K-Bar.  It's genuine and it's
bloody sharp and of course deadly lethal.  I have this knife and use
it as a tool.  When?  When I go sea fishing.  It's either from the sea
wall or on the beach and yes, I do need this particular type of knife.
 I also usually have a filleting knife with a blade of about 8 inches.
 I could potentially be arrested for possession of a lethal weapon,
yet to me it is simply a tool.  I could just as easily kill somebody
with a golf club.  How many people do you see wondering about with
them near to local parks or playing fields?

Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362

Cheslyn Hay
Staffordshire