[Wolves] List

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Wed May 24 09:51:08 BST 2006

--- James Turner <james at turnersoft.co.uk> wrote:

> On Tuesday 23 May 2006 19:11, David Goodwin wrote:
> > Peter Oliver wrote:
> the way?
> > >
> > > Is there an issue with Spice Avenue, or do you
> just think it's time to
> > > move on to keep things fresh?
> >
> > grass is greener elsewhere?
> > Ade and I have been sick/ill after eating there,
> but that could be
> > coincidence? It would be nice to discover other
> places around
> > Wolverhampton anyway (What about a non-Indian
> venue?).
>
> Personally I like Indian food... now a LUG tradition
> anyway. In my student
> days there was a quite good Bangladeshi restaurant
> somewhere in the area
> adjoining the Civic. If it's still there and/or
> anyone knows what I'm on
> about then maybe we could check that out?
>
> (Reconnaissance may be needed first to confirm it
> still exists!)

If it's the one I'm thinking of, by the old Exchange
pub, now the Cuban Exchange, on Cheapside, it's a very
nice, award winning restaurant but said to be very
pricey.

My favourite Indian restaurant in town is the Panahar,
on the same road as both Spice Avenue and the
Standard. jenny and I eat from there a lot and have
never been ill or disappointed. The only downside, as
I said to the bloke in there, is that there isn't
really an enclosed area where we could do
presentations or avoid the locals' beady eyes over our
techno-gadgetry. Not thsat there are likely to be many
locals on a Wednesday night.

Ad

--

http://www.drinky.org.uk