[Wolves] I been asked a wierd question.

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Wed May 24 13:03:13 BST 2006

On Wednesday 24 May 2006 12:24, Simon Morris wrote:

> Erm, are you sure. To me that paragraph should be followed by a big bold
> "IANAL".
>
> I don't think that is the case at all.

Possibly, personally I don't give toss.

I've seen the other responses to this thread and agree that yes you should
inform staff of any monitoring, but then again we are all monitored 24/7
anyway.

You're line manager should be monitoring what you do otherwise the company can
save money by sacking him, the clue is in the word 'Manager' or 'Supervisor'
I've worked for too many companies in managerial positions both here and in
London and it never ceases to amaze me what people get up to, then when they
are found out have the bare faced cheek to complain at being caught!

They never own up and say "Fair enough I was out of order" no no no its always
some pathetic excuse like "Well if you'd payed me more I wouldn't have
pinched that three tonnes of copying paper which I sell at the local car boot
sale" Or to put it in context "You've no right to monitor me looking at those
child porn sights and sending your customer databases to anyone that will pay
me for them"

If that's Anal then that's fine by me. That's an idea I could set up a company
to monitor staff

Anal Investigations what do you think?

--
Regards