[Wolves] 4 Bits of help Please

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Wed May 31 15:53:23 BST 2006

Hi All

I've resurrected an IBM X20  (Inverter Board was dead) I don't have the media
station so there is no CD or Floppy I have got Ubuntu Breazy installed and
running with a 1024 X 768 display.

I could do with 4 items of help if possible?

1. On-board network not working.

2. Fan constantly on.

3. No sound

4. Anyone got a battery for one of these lying around?

Items 1 -3 seem to be known issues (Been on the Ubuntu Forums), I've tried the
old trick of acpi=off but that seems to of had no effect. Am I being an
idiot? do I have to add a network card? usually its in network devices but
all that's there is 'lo' theres no mention of eth0.

I've spent far too long googleing so much so I've got a headache, I plan to
have another go tonight so if anyone (particularly Ron who worked so hard on
the IBM 600e) has an idiots guide or is willing to hold my hand I'd
appreciate it.

My main priority is to get network going as then I can get stuff on it, if I
can get it on t'internet that's half the battle, my Debian/Ubuntu skills are
nil.

Failing that I'll have to wipe it and stick Fedora on ;)

--
Regards
Peter Cannon
Jabber:highwayman.turpin at gmail.com