[Wolves] support this

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 11:25:10 GMT 2006

On 16/11/06, Peter Evans <zen8486 at zen.co.uk> wrote:

> But I need to be careful how and what I say here and these opinions are mine
> and mine alone.
>
> A number of these 'initiatives' are being looked at throughout the UK.  From
> my current knowledge many are being driven by Local Government albeit usually
> with a commercial partner. For example:
>
> http://www.computerweekly.com/Articles/2006/11/15/219914/Birmingham+to+deploy+city-centre+Wi-Fi.htm
>
> Has anyone stopped to think why these initiatives are going ahead?  My
> thoughts are as follows:

*Big snips in there :-) *

Peter, there are some very interesting thoughts there.  May I add
another?  If any ofrm of government fund either wifi or, indeed, a WAN
that is wired what can happen?  Easy, they can then have a lot more
leverage to impose their ill thought out laws and regulations.

Ok, I have my conspiracy theory hat on but, I challenge anybody to put
my mind at ease on this.
Don't take it to the tip recycle it via the Freecycle(r) Network.

For a group near to you look here:
Worldwide
http://www.freecycle.org/

United Kingdom