[Wolves] NTFS deleted file recovery

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 4 10:14:45 BST 2006

--- leo sandhu <leosandhu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Has anyone got experience of recovering files in
> this situation?   I have
> used a 30quid solution (i think is called PC Tools)
> that identified over 130
> of his files as being in 'excellent but deleted'
> condition, however it only
> succeeded in actually recovering about 1 in every 14
> files.
>
> There appear to be several Knoppix based systems
> that come packed with
> forensic tools and purport to facilitate recovery
> from NTFS drives, however
> I am struggling to see the funny side of using them.

No experience personally, but I read this recently:

I have no idea if it's of use to you but might open up
some new avenues to you. If you have any joy, I'd be
really grateful if you could take 5 mins to do a quick
write up for the Wolves LUG Wiki puh-lease :)

Good luck my man,

Ad

--

http://www.drinky.org.uk