[Wolves] LIST

Jono Bacon jonobacon at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 16:28:40 BST 2006

Lincoln house community center, Heath town, Wolverhampton, WV10 0JB.

Featuring Alex Willmer will give a talk on GPS and GIS. He says, "Geospatial
Information Systems (GIS) are to geography, what CAD is to engineering. It's
revolutionising the field; even whilst itself being revolutionised by the
likes of Google Earth & web mapping. I offer a tour of the GIS landscape -
the whats, the whos & the whys. A vaguely sciency bit about the workings of
GPS, with pictures. Demos of Free/Open Source GIS & satellite navigation
(satnav) software. A rundown of geospatial data sources, free as in beer and
otherwise. Finally a pitch for OpenStreetMap, a project I'm involved with."

Go's
 1.  Dave Mmmmaaaarrrlley
 2.  Ron
 3. Jen
 4. Russ (maybe, depending on work)

Late's

No Go's

 1. Jono (really wish I could come, sounds like a great talk, but I am
busy that night)