[Wolves] LIST

David Goodwin gingerdog at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 16:26:12 BST 2006

 Featuring Alex Willmer will give a talk on GPS and GIS. He says,
 "Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) are to geography, what CAD is to
 engineering. It's revolutionising the field; even whilst itself being
 revolutionised by the likes of Google Earth & web mapping. I offer a tour of
 the GIS landscape - the whats, the whos & the whys. A vaguely sciency bit
 about the workings of GPS, with pictures. Demos of Free/Open Source GIS &
 satellite navigation (satnav) software. A rundown of geospatial data
 sources, free as in beer and otherwise. Finally a pitch for OpenStreetMap, a
 project I'm involved with."

 Go's
 1.  Dave Mmmmaaaarrrlley
 2.  Ron
 3. Jen
 4. Russ (maybe, depending on work)
 5. Alex (Unless I get lost :p)
 6. Rob
 7. David
 8. Kat

 Late's

 No Go's

 1. Jono (really wish I could come, sounds like a great talk, but I am
 busy that night)
 2. Leo - any chance this one is going to be available
 online?  I'm particularly interested in wifi interlopiability but can't get
 a shiftswap arranged :(

Please Think about places for the 25/10/06 (if we are having a meeting)
 or the 8/11/06 (if we're not)

--
David Goodwin
http://codepoets.co.uk/