[Wolves] All happy for Dave Morley to be LUGMaster?

leo sandhu leosandhu at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 18:58:22 BST 2006

On 10/19/06, David Goodwin <gingerdog at gmail.com> wrote:

> >  My one positive suggestion here would be that I am sure (have already
> > asked), if we regularly took occupation, the City Bar in Kings St would
> be
> > willing for us to fit a wifi system to provide a good facility for
> meets.
> > All we need is one or two Lugers who would be willing to share their
> > domestic broadband for such a link.....
> >

> And one or two luggers within range of the City Bar for wifi to
> reach......

Well A mate of mine last week set up an 8km link with the homemade antennae
that we cobbled in August.  Its 802.11b (11mb) and given that most domestic
routers default to channel 6 only, we should be succesfull.

What we actually need is a willing rooftop in pretty much any direction than
beyond the Mander Centre which will cripple our efforts.  Anybody to the
Molineux side of West Park or  in the general direction of Heath Town with a
decent height house or (ideally) a tower block will do very nicely.

As a project, it will obviously cost a bit - how much depends on the
equipment we choose to use, but I'm happy to put my money where my mouth is
if the rest of Lug will join me.

leo.