[Wolves] Meeting room

Jono Bacon jonobacon at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 11:04:18 BST 2006

Hi,

Incidentally, this is a really interesting discussion - thanks to all
who have chipped in. :)

> I've read through the replies so far and have to say I'm totally amazed that a
> lot of people seem to not understand "The Lug" Dave hits the nail on the
> headwhen  he says its about the 'People' not the place. "Lets have it at the
> Savoy?" are we that bad at interpersonal skills that we can only communicate
> with a can of Diamond White some muzak and a pastie in our hands?

A few points here:

 * The choice of venue plays as much of a part as the people. Sure, we
need great people, and we have that in droves. :) But, the venue is
not completely absent from making a good LUG. As I said to Dave is a
Gmail chat, imagine taking exactly the same people and hosting the LUG
at Microsoft's campus, a prison cell, on a cruise, on a beach, in my
living room, in a nightclub, at Google's campus - each would have the
same people, but a dramatically different effect on the general
atmoshphere and feel of the meeting.
 * As for the "are we that bad at interpersonal skills that we can
only communicate
> with a can of Diamond White some muzak and a pastie in our hands?"  point, you could also take the view "are we that bad at interpersonal skills that we have to have a meeting with talks in a big seminar room where no-one needs to talk to each other and just watch someone give a presentation?". Also, *some* people just want to sit there and soak up the atmosphere, and some people like to engage in lively discussion.

> PS. I apologise to Jono my original post was not a personal attack on you.

No worries. :)

> PPS. If we had it at Dave's you could do a Bi-Monthly Wolves-LugRadio live
> from the meeting?

Man, one LUGRadio Live is enough work. :P

  Jono