Wiki, was Re: [Wolves] IMPORTANT, ALL READ: Making the LUG rock

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 6 12:43:00 BST 2006

--- Stuart Langridge <sil at kryogenix.org> wrote:

> > Now, I know it's contrary to the idea of a Wiki,
> but
> > is there no wiki that allows us to lock it down,
> > require approval for account creation and require
> an
> > account for editing?
>
> All the wikis do that :) I'm happy to set one up if
> required on angel,
> which is hosting wolveslug.org.uk.

If you would, sir :) Anyone have recommendations?
Suggestions please, not something obscure or that we
have to hack to make it do what we want or to avoid
this problem or that problem.

I vote for Mediawiki as it's straightforward and most
of us will be familiar with it, if not least because
it's what runs Wikipedia. Unless of course someone
else knows of any lurking pitfall.

> > Side note, it would be nice to have link to the
> > mailing list archives on the website front page.
>
> Hm, yes. Now added to the "join us" box.

Without a hint of sarcasm, I'm overjoyed. It means I
don't have to google for it everytime. Thanks :)

Ad

--

http://www.drinky.org.uk

http://blog.adamsweet.org