[Wolves] serial modem to usb???

Mo Awkati mawkati at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Sep 8 17:43:03 BST 2006

Hi

Anyone knows if it is possible to convert a serial cable from an external modem to fit a usb port? My father-in-law's laptop is running SuSE 9.2 and I need to get his internet connection setup but the laptop does not have a serial com1 port, and the onboard modem is probably a winmodem as it is not working no matter what I tried, it is being detected by YAST and I configure it but it does not dial. The serial modem that he uses on his PC is a hardware modem and works fine. But since his illness my father-in-law has not able to use the PC so I am trying to sort the modem for him. Any help would be appreciate.

Cheers

Mo