[Wolves] [ANNOUCE] Software Freedom Day this Saturday

Simon Morris simon.morris at cmtww.com
Mon Sep 11 13:41:17 BST 2006

Hello WolvesLUGgers

Not really your part of the country but I seem to have mailed just about every other LUG I'm subscribed to today...

I'll be the nervous one talking about encrypted filesystems then.....

~sm

*****

Hello,

We have a GLLUG meeting this Saturday 16th September.

We are running the London celebration of Software Freedom Day - a global
event with over 100 similar gatherings around the world.

The outline for the day is:

1200: Meet in Regents Park [http://tinyurl.com/meck3]
1205: Advocacy walk along Euston Road, Tottenham Court Road, Howland
Street.

Along the route (about 3/4 mile I think) we are going to hand out
leaflets, engage with the public and spread the word about Free
Software. We should also have a number of Ubuntu CD's to distribute to
interested people.

1245: Arrive at Westminster University
1300: Start technical meeting

* Malcolm Yates from Canonical will present a talk on Ubuntu. What
Ubuntu is doing in business, the developing world and elsewhere.

* Jim Bailey (a GLLUG member!) will present a talk on Wordpress.
Installation, Configuration, Usage and tips and tricks.

* Bryn Reeves from Red Hat will present a talk on the Linux kernel and
SystemTap

* Simon Morris (another GLLUG member!) will present a talk on securing
USB memorysticks with encrypted filesystems

1630(ish): We have the upstairs area of the King and Queen pub on Foley
Street (1 min from meeting venue) booked for beer, merriment and
discussion.

***

This is going to be a good meeting - if you have never attended a GLLUG
meeting before please come along. You'll be very welcome.

More details on the meeting and the speakers is available on our website
http://gllug.org.uk

Thanks

~sm