[Wolves] Ebay Phishing

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 16:48:04 BST 2006

On 13/09/06, Peter Hartill <peter at hartec.co.uk> wrote:
> I've been caught by that Ebay scam.  Only ever change your password or other
> details by going to the Ebay website and logging in.
>
> Also there's another Ebay scam: you get an email looking like it came from
> an Ebay member, asking you a question about an item you sold on Ebay, and
> "click here" to reply.  If you "click here" it takes you to what looks like
> a normal Ebay logon page so you can reply, but it's a Phish.  Moral is -
> only send emails to Ebay members by logging on to your "My Ebay" and do the
> email from there.
>
> Ebay don't help by sending lots of genuine emails from themselves
> advertising various services, so it's difficult to pick out the genuine ones
> from the Phishes.
>
> Cheers
>
> Pete

They are easy enough to spot if you are using Firefox.  Just hover the
cursor over the button you are supposed to click on.  You'll soon see
it in the bottom left hand corner of the screen.  It'll no doubt show
a completely different address to the one it purports to be.

Don't take it to the tip recycle it via the Freecycle(R) Network.

For a group near to you look here:
Worldwide
http://www.freecycle.org/

United Kingdom