[Wolves] NIC seems to be set up for inet6 only

Paul Harrison lists at milboro.com
Fri Sep 15 07:25:38 BST 2006

David Goodwin wrote:
> I know nothing about ipv6 (perhaps I should?).
>
> What if you tell it to have an ipv4 address :
>
> e.g. ifconfig eth0 192.168.0.1 up

Nowt - can't ping anywhere, can't ping to it.

> Does 'dmesg' say anything useful?

Not that I can fathom.  Unless anyone would like to look at it?

Re Ad's post: I'm running Ubuntu Server, so no GUI/X.  I am beginning
to wonder whether this is a bug in Server, and whether to try xubuntu
or similar and see if that works.

All devices on the network have static IPs, connected to a Linksys
hardwired router.

All hardware has worked fine in Puppy Linux before, so it's not that.

I'm giving xubuntu a whirl to see if that fixes it.

Paul