[Wolves] A shocking email

Barbie barbie at missbarbell.co.uk
Tue Sep 26 10:50:53 BST 2006

On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 10:07:41AM +0100, chris procter wrote:

> I'm trying to put projects/events to some of these
> names to figure out why they count as "movers and
> shakers" I've got:
>
> Jono Bacon        - ?

Jokosha. Apparently it's a hot item in some circles. Not sure if he's
done anything else though. Bit of a one hit wonder ;)

> Stephen Tweedy    - Ext2/3 lead developer
> Michael Meeks     - OpenOffice / Novell
> Miguel de Icaza   - Gnome + Simian / Novell
> Ian Pratt         - ?

Xen. The virtualisation project. As used by all the really cool people
:)

> Andrew Tridgell   - Samba (and caused the
> bitkeeper/GIT fracas)
> Rasmus Lerdorf    - ?

Creator of PHP. Currently employed by Yahoo. Saw him the other week at
EuroFOO.

> Mitchell Baker    - ?

Mozilla. President of the Mozilla Corporation.

> Brian Behlendorf  - Apache Foundation
> Ingo Molnar       - ?

Linux kernel hacker.

HTH ;)