[Wolves] Firefox search bar language

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 13 22:28:56 BST 2007

--- Ron Wellsted <ron at wellsted.org.uk> wrote:

> stephen welch wrote:
> > Maybe you should check with your router / isp.
> Wasn't there a problem
> > with google.co.uk being redirected to google.ne
> last year.  I dont know
> > the gory details but somebody had been busy shall
> we say and had managed
> > to redirected google.co.uk to google.ne (is ne the
> nertherlands?).
> >
> > Does google do the same in opera, safari or ie
> connected to your ISP?
> > In a normal browser rather than a bar?
> >
> > Stephen
>
> I have also seen google.com routed to goggle.be (but
> google.co.uk was
> OK).  The problem was with the database being used
> for geoip location
>
> Try http://www.hostip.info/ and see if your location
> is any where near
> correct.

My ISP is in Telford, but hostip didn't know where I
was so I added my location. A whois on my IP shows
that my range is registered to a UK organisation.

This is the Firefox search bar, using Google as my
default search engine. I'm not using the Google Search
Bar, just in case that was causing any confusion.

Interestingly, this also occurs on Windows XP using a
fresh install of Firefox with no extensions.

I'll have to assume it's some weird geo IP location
thingy. I'm going in to my ISP tomorrow so maybe I'll
ask someone tomorrow if I see them.

Ad

--

http://blog.adamsweet.org/