[Wolves] Re: Java on Ubuntu.
Suntish T. Narain
suntish at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 24 22:30:59 BST 2007
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Adam Sweet wrote:
> --- "Suntish T. Narain" <suntish at googlemail.com>
>> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
>> Hash: SHA1
>> Adam Sweet wrote:
>>> Hi Suntish
>>> Read https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Java
>> thanks for the link. I managed to make java 6.0 the
>> default one. I tried
>> to configure the jvm on eclipse but it's not
>> working. I might get the
>> latest eclipse, which is 3.3, and will try again.
> I don't use Eclipse so I can't help you much, but did
> you install Eclipse through Synaptic?
I've just been able to make my first java program on the new
This is what i did to get it working, after a spent a few hours messing
1. Goto Window >> Preferences
2. On left panel, open Java subdirectories
3. Select Installed JREs and
4. On the right hand side, click Add.
5. Browse for the JRE Home Directory
6. Now, select the java development kit folder, in my case jdk1.6.0_02
and click Ok.
7. Click Ok to quit the window
8. Now, ensure that the new JRE is selected by placing a tick in the box.
9. Click Ok to start building Java Applications.
Im a bit relieved now that i can get eclipse to work fine. Thanks for
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the Wolves