[Wolves] Pete's response to Linux Format

Adam Sweet adam at adamsweet.org
Wed Dec 12 11:36:22 GMT 2007

ArchLinuxUser dick_turpin wrote:

> *LugRadio*
>
> What can I say about our own boys? Groan, they are the best (so far) I
> have had people on other forums, groups and channels (all over the
> world) say that the show is a bit lad'ish and sometimes immature.

Yes, having been on both sides of the microphone, I think that's a fair
analysis. That suits me fine. Different strokes for different folks,
we're here to cater to the people like us, there are plenty of options
for people who don't like us.

Whether we're the best of or not, I'll leave for the listener to decide,
but from the first episode, 4 seasons before I became a full-time
presenter, I thought LugRadio was better than the others and I still do.
I guess it's a case of 'best at x' and 'best for whom', rather than
simply 'the best' as everybody has a different criteria for what
constitutes the best.

> I'd
> like to hear Jono electrocuted at least four times in one of the shows

You're not the only one :)

> but other than that on the whole I have to say it's my favourite even
> though they don't read out my mails.

I can't say I've ever seen you mail the show, that said, even if you do,
we make no promises to read it. Just in case you think it's a conspiracy
that we don't read your mail, each person takes a few pages from the
pile of emails and reads out what they feel like, no particular
discussion about what ought to be read out. It's down to the individual
who gets your mail in their pile.

> *Linux Action Show*
>
> It's not all that bad, I personally don't like the over zealous
> approach but then again they are Americans and it's what they do best.
> They spend the latest episode begging for money which I thought was a
> bit 'off' but I do enjoy the sniping at LugRadio even if they are
> talking out there bum.

I like the Linux Action Show actually. It took me a few shows to get
over their hyperbolic Americanisms though. I guess the sniping is my
fault as I started it all by emailing them and telling them I thought
they sounded like Bert and Ernie from Sesame Street and I still do. I
thought they might find that amusing, but I think they found it irritating.

I also listen to BSD Talk now and again, it's not entertaining as such
as it's almost purely technical server stuff, desktop people won't like
it at all, but it does offer some exposure to tools that developing
sysadmins like myself haven't heard of.

Regards,

Adam Sweet

- --