[Wolves] Laptop Sound

Broadfield Robert BroadfieldR at walsall.gov.uk
Thu Dec 13 18:32:16 GMT 2007

Remember the laptop I brought along to a LUG meeting earlier in the
year?

Dave & Ron were trying hard to get the sound working on it for me.
Alas, even downloading additional bits & pieces it still didn't work
with Feisty (ubuntu 7.04).

Well, earlier this week I upgraded to Gutsy (ubuntu 7.10) and when I
logged in I noticed that the sound now works.  I plan to use Audacity
and I hope to install a sound mixer/sequencer etc. in the New Year for
recording, MIDI etc.  Anyone now the best packages to use and would be
willing to show me how they work (perhaps using JACK) at a future LUG
meeting?

Rob