[Wolves] Webcams....yes, again...

Ron Wellsted ron at wellsted.org.uk
Fri Dec 14 11:45:48 GMT 2007

On Fri, Dec 14, 2007 at 11:20:31AM +0000, Kevanf1 wrote:
> Does anybody have experience of using the Trust range of webcams?
> Before anybody says it, yes I have tried searching for them.  I have
> used Google Linux and pretty much all that came up were a few pages in
> French and other languages :-(  The first was (possibly typically due
> to ad' fees) for a French company selling the particular webcam I am
> thinking of getting - a Trust - 1.3 Megapixel USB 2.0 Webcam - 14830.
> The company selling this webcam appears to be a Linux reseller of some
> form but, being as it is in French, I'm not 100% sure.  I would have
> thought that a company selling hardware that has Linux in its title
> would be pretty much Linux compatible...but you never know.

The main reason for the pages being in french is because the author of
most webcam drivers (300+) is french. See his website at
http://mxhaard.free.fr which has a complete list.

I have not used the Trust webcams, so cannot help you with on that.
--

Ron Wellsted
ron at wellsted.org.uk http://www.wellsted.org.uk