[Wolves] Claws-Mail

Dave Morley davmor2 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 20:54:36 GMT 2007

On Mon, 2007-12-17 at 11:31 +0000, ArchLinuxUser dick_turpin wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Anyone else played with Claws-Mail? http://www.claws-mail.org/
>
> Looks like a cross between Thunderbird and Kmail to me but then what
> would I know? anyway I have my laptop with me today running Linux Mint
> with, wait for it Dave Morley your gonna love this, bloody Gnome!
>
> Anyway I wanted to install a plugin 'SpamReport' but I had to do that
> horrid ./configure trash, its falling over with that ever so helpful
> "Error 77"
>
> Anyway as I say anyone else using it, what do you think?
>
> (I think I really like this Linux Mint you know)

Nothing wrong with gnome you just need to be intelligent to use it :P
Are you saying your not?

No just joking, to be honest I think email clients is one of those
things that work the way you want or don't.  There seems to be no in
between app that works.  I think the main problem is that it is a real
app that has a personal feel.  A web browser is just a window to the
web, movie players just need to play movies and look nice.  Email
clients though need to feel right have all the right plugins and spam
filters and .......  The list just goes on.

Pete if Kmail is your favourite why not use it :)
--
Seek That Thy Might Know