[Wolves] Help - crashed hard disk!!!

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 11:41:16 GMT 2007

On 19/12/2007, Mark Ellse <me at chaseacademy.com> wrote:
> Last day of term. The hard disk on the accounts computer has crashed
> just before payroll. The disk is obviously not totally unreadable
> because when we reboot from that computer it starts to load Windows 2000
> but fails to complete. But I can't read the disk when putting it on
> another machine. It is an NTFS disk.
>
> Does anyone have any expertise in getting date off? Or does anyone know
> of any recovery service? Very happy to pay for the service of course.
>
> Mark

I've managed to get a Win 2000 disk up and running again.  It sounds
as though the OS is corrupted in this case?  There is a recovery
option on the Win 2000 disk if I recall correctly.

 Have you tried accessing the drive from an XP machine?  I'd try this
first to get the important stuff off it.  Otherwise, there is always
something like 'Lost and Found' (excellent program for recovery work).