[Wolves] My first look at vista

Alex Willmer alex at moreati.org.uk
Mon Feb 5 20:42:55 GMT 2007

On Mon, 2007-02-05 at 18:47 +0000, David Morley wrote:
> I was asked to look at a Vista machine today to see why the internet
> didn't work.
>
> So my view it's xp with a different theme it's not 3d in any shape or
> form.  Yes it's prettier but under that everything works the same as
> it did in xp.

Bare in mind that:

- Windows Vista comes in a large number of editions, with Aero (3D
  bling) only included in the more expensive ones.
- Aero has much higher minimum requirements for the video hardware,
  128 MB of video RAM according to Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Vista#Editions_and_pricing

So you may not have seen
Apart from the bling, I ee little about Vista that's compelling. The
search box in the Start menu seems a nice touch, but I doubt MS are the
first to have done it.

Alex