[Wolves] kicking the windoze habit

Zeth Green theology at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 23:54:35 GMT 2007

Sound Juicer does enough for me, I explained how I use it in my Ipod guide:

http://commandline.org.uk/2006/an-ipod-system-for-linux-summary/

On 09/02/07, Adam Sweet <drinky76 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> The next time you buy a portable audio player,
> consider one which also plays ogg files, which are the
> default format on most Linux distributions.

I got my ipod free, but apart from the small size, ipods are pretty
crap. Not only do they not play many formats, the fact that you cannot
just mount it as USB and dump a file on it is ridiculous.

> On Windows or the Mac, use VLC to play ogg files.

Realplayer also plays oggs. If I want to play a lot of music then I
use mplayer. I also have Audacious which Gentoo sneakily swapped in
for XMMS.