[Wolves] Ubuntu & PHP [hijacked thread on: Offer: Digital Alpha Server 800 5/400]

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Sat Feb 17 00:10:14 GMT 2007

> running Ubunto server and SUSE 10.2 can anyone tell me whether Ubunto
> dapper drake 6 comes with PHP pre-installed?

Hello Dave,

To see what you've got installed, open a terminal and type:
dpkg -l | grep -i php | more

This will work on all Debian-based GNU/Linux distros.
Ubuntu has a graphic package management tool, Synaptic (again, snaffled
from Debian), and typing PHP into Synaptics search option should bring
up all of the packages and whether they're installed or not.

I imagine that you want something like: libapache2-mod-php5
apt-cache search php | grep apache will show you. Then
sudo apt-get install libapache2-mod-php5
will sort it out for you. :-)

 - Richard

Richard Smedley,                                         rs at m6-it.org
Technical Director,                                     www.M6-IT.org
                                              A PRINCE2 aware company

Web services * Back-ups * Support * Training & Certification * E-Mail
M6-IT CIC ``Software Freedom for the Education and Voluntary Sector''

M6-IT is a Community Interest Company, limited by guarantee
Registered in England & Wales,               Registration No: 6040154
11 St Marks Road, Stourbridge, West Midlands, DY9 7DT