[Wolves] Off topic about atari

Daniel Jones djones9960 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 10:36:42 GMT 2007

On 24/02/07, David Morley <davmor2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 17:44:30 +0000 (GMT)
> From: "Steve Wilson" <sirocco_software at yahoo.com>
> View Contact Details
> Subject: Atari ST file transfer
> To: wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
>
> Apologies fior this blatently off-topic posting (and
> from a newbie!!), but I met someone in a town centre
> shop today (no, honestly) who suggested there could
> well be someone here who could help me.
>
> I need to transfer some files between a Supra hard
> drive (for the Atari ST) and a PC. The ST's floppy
> drive isn't working (I suspect the controller chip)
> and I've got nowhere with a null modem cable. Has
> anyone got an ST, or knows about them. Naturally we
> can take this to private email as soon as contact is
> established.
>
> Once again, my apologies to the list in general.
>
> TIA,
> -Steve Wilson
>
> I met Steve and suggested he post here so if anyone can help that'll
> be great.  I had a rough idea but not entirely sure how.  Apparently
> his post didn't get through to the list so I have posted it here for
> him.

IIRC the PC disk drive can read ST disks.  It was Amiga disks that
proved problematic.

At worst you'd have to download an ST emulator and create a virtual
Hard disk, then copy the files from there, I think.

I never owned an ST (I was an Amiga fan) but I am 99% sure ST disks
can be read from a PC.

HTH
--
Dan