[Wolves] Open Office org question..

James Turner james at turnersoft.co.uk
Mon Jan 8 22:27:41 GMT 2007

On Monday 08 January 2007 20:36, chris procter wrote:
> > Good idea :-)  nice one Ad :-)  It's certainly a
> > solution in the short
> > term.  I've contacted the guys at OOo to see if
> > there is a long term
> > solution to it.
>
> The good news is you can start OOo without an open
> document because thats what my home pc does, the bad
> news is I have no idea how I got it to do it. :-(

Just tried:

ooffice -help

The list of options suggests:

ooffice -nodefault

("don't start with an empty document") ...but this seems to cause the program
to run without opening any window at all. (what I'd expect from -invisible
or -headless).

Now when I just do:

ooffice

it opens a minimal window with a plain grey background - no document open. Not
sure if it used to do this before - I could have sworn it opened Writer.
Anyone else have any success with these options?

Regards,

James