[Wolves] Xen

Adam Sweet adam at adamsweet.org
Thu Jan 11 12:25:48 GMT 2007

Hi all

Is anyone using Xen? Would you recommend any one distro over another at
the moment? I know SuSE have been shipping it for a while, Fedora are
shipping a stable copy in FC6 and Ubuntu aren't shipping it with
official support. I'm not sure which to plump for, I'd prefer not to use
SuSE for the sake of adding another distro that does things in different
ways to FC and Debian/Ubuntu and my moral objection to their Microsoft deal.

To me it looks like FC6 has more complete support than Ubuntu at the moment.

While we are on the subject, does anyone have thoughts on KVM, lhype, or
how Xen compares to VMWare for long-term use? It seems that Xen is as
yet still young and VMWare could pull their free products at any in the
future that they choose leaving you to pay up, stick with what you have
forever or painfully migrate.

Thoughts? Just soliciting opinion really.

Ad

--

http://blog.adamsweet.org