[Wolves] BBC OSS Show

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 15:33:17 GMT 2007

On 15/01/07, chris procter <chris-procter at talk21.com> wrote:

> Its worth a listen but it came across as if the
> presenter really didn't know what open source is, and
> was stuggling to understand it throughout the program,
> rather then knowing what he was talking about and
> trying to explain it to the listeners.

Which is about typical of the BBC.  They are very good at telling
people about things that they don't actually know about themselves.
Add to that the typical BBC bias that creeps in everywhere.  Sorry,
they've got my back up over another item.

> Interesting to hear british business described as too
> conservative to embrace open source, as opposed to the
> USA where anything that gives a competative advantage
> is grabbed.
>
> In Business is a serious program though (its The Money
> Program for radio4 listners) so this is good exposure
> and hopefully will lead to more knowledgable
> discussions in the future.

I thought that was Money Box?  Or is it the business version as
opposed to Money Box being for personal finance?

Don't take it to the tip recycle it via the Freecycle(r) Network.

For a group near to you look here:
Worldwide
http://www.freecycle.org/

United Kingdom