[Wolves] New to Ubuntu

David Morley davmor2 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 17:36:28 BST 2007

On 22/07/07, Mo Awkati <mawkati at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have finally installed Ubuntu.  I installed Ubunto 7.04 from LXF DVD and
> all runs well.
>
> In trying to switch over from SUSE 10.2,
>
> 1. I would like to install the Adobe reader for linux, is it possible to
> install it in Ubunto, if so how? I have already searched through the add and
> remove software but there is no reference to it there.

As below :)

2. I would like to install RealPlayer and/or Mplayer is that possible? same
> as 1 above.

go to  Add/Remove at the bottom of the applications menu.  when it starts up
notice at the right to the top is a drop down menu from it select all
applications.  Type in the name of the app in the search bar hit install :)

3. How do I stop having to log in with my name and password every time I
> boot up? I checked the log in screen preferences and the users screens but
> no option to do so like in SUSE.

System/Aministration/Login Window  Click on the security tab and tick the
box saying enable automatic login select you account okay out of it and
reboot :)

Cheers

> Mo

Seek That Thy Might Know