[Wolves] New to Ubuntu

Zeth Green theology at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 20:31:56 BST 2007

On 22/07/07, Adam Sweet <drinky76 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> As a side point, I meant to say that if you want to
> play Real Player streams, such as BBC Radio etc, then
> you probably will need Real Player, unless anyone
> knows better.

RealPlayer is probably easiest as you say, another option is that the
BBC now often has Windows Media format as well as Real, so if you have
installed all the dodgy codecs already then normal Linux players
should be able to play that.

Some guy called Kostyantin Sergiyovich Shishkov is doing native Real
support as a Google Summer of Code Project, so hopefully we won't need
RealPlayer at all in the future to play BBC online streams.

Best Wishes,
Zeth