[Wolves] oops :)

David Goodwin david at codepoets.co.uk
Tue Mar 6 13:17:12 GMT 2007

Andrew Roberts wrote:
> On 3/6/07, Adam Sweet <drinky76 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> --- chris procter <chris-procter at talk21.com> wrote:
>> > I tinkered around with chroot for a while (which I
>> > couldn't get to work, but thats another story)
>> > including installing creating some files as root,
>> > then
>> > gave up and removed the lot:
>> > sudo rm -rf ~/test
>>
>> As a side point, what would have been the right way?
>
> Hardlinking would seem to be quite an elegant solution, except that it
> would not work across different devices. Otherwise, a simple copy
> would suffice and is likely to be safer.

If only we could hardlink a directory (+contents). And as you say -
wouldn't work if they were on a different device.

I suppose along a similar vein of thought, you really _wouldn't_ want to
hardlink anyway (in a production system), in case some little urch
manages to modify one of your linked binaries ...

David.

--
David Goodwin

[ david at codepoets dot co dot uk ]