[Wolves] Shooting yourself in the foot

David Goodwin david at codepoets.co.uk
Tue Mar 6 13:21:01 GMT 2007

> Anyone else care to step up and have tomoatoes thrown
> at them? Feel free to say it was a friend of a friend
> if you don't wish to compromise your future employer's
> google searches about you :)

Obviously _I_ have never done anything wrong *ahem*

Someone quite close to me did once force the installation of something
like glibc or binutils on a Debian woody box, that led to it breaking in
quite a spectacular fashion and someone else having to drive up to
Nottingham to fix it.

Lesson learnt: Don't do dpkg -i --force-all foo.x.y.z.deb

David

--
David Goodwin

[ david at codepoets dot co dot uk ]