[Wolves] Re: Selling Linux on Desktop PCs

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 16:47:34 GMT 2007

On 10/03/07, Andy Wootton <andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Linspire was criticised quite strongly here for charging 50 Dollars a
> year for their download service which tried to take the process below
> the pain threshold of normal people by putting back in all the
> proprietary bits that we are willing to do without.

But I don't criticise Linspire for what they do.  They are providing a
service and somebody is obviously buying it :-)  As for those
proprietary bits... I'll have them thank you :-)  Yes, I would much
prefer that I could use proper open source bits.  But, in the meantime
I want to be able to use the graphics card etc that I bought.  So, if
I have to sleep with the devil then so be it.  Hey, I could be dead
next week...
Don't take it to the tip recycle it via the Freecycle(r) Network.

For a group near to you look here:
Worldwide
http://www.freecycle.org/

United Kingdom