[Wolves] [INFO] How do you ssh around a router?

Chris chris at robotninja.net
Tue May 8 10:42:22 BST 2007

David Goodwin wrote:
> avid Goodwin
>>>
>> Thanks Guys thought it would be something like that but I didn't want
>> to set it up and not have it work and leave a port open for no reason.
>>

> If you plan to allow the world to connect to yourip:22, then I'd suggest
> you run something like fail2ban on the server to stop/slowdown password
> guessing attempts
>
> David.

Depending on how you're planning to log in from public terminals (I'm
assuming you're carrying an ssh client on a USB thumb drive or something
similar), using public key authentication rather than just password
checking might be more secure?

http://sial.org/howto/openssh/publickey-auth/
http://unixhelp.ed.ac.uk/CGI/man-cgi?ssh+1

Cheers