[Wolves] ChrisP saw this and thought of you :)

James Turner james at turnersoft.co.uk
Wed May 16 09:52:56 BST 2007

Philip Harper wrote:
> Well, I'll be 29 next week, and I can remember when command lines and
> text menus were all we had, anyone remember the command to load from the
> 5 1/4 drive on the commodore 64....it went something like load *, (list
> of cryptic characters I can't remember)....

It's been a while, but I believe:

DLOAD "<filename>"

Will load the specified file from disc. (Short for "Disk load" of
course). Alternately:

LOAD "<filename>"[,<device>,[<load-action>]]

e.g.:

LOAD "*",8,1

* in the filename acts as a wildcard character, and specifying a
filename of just * would load the first file stored on the device.
<device> should be 8 for floppy disc, defaults to using tape drive if
absent. Load action of 1 will load to a memory address stored in the
file's meta data, default behaviour is to use BASIC program workspace if
absent.

Anyway, back to the ol' shell prompt...