[Wolves] wolveslug.org.uk website

Stuart Langridge sil at kryogenix.org
Tue May 29 11:20:05 BST 2007

On 5/28/07, David Morley <davmor2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> +1 for a cms. It would be nice to seem some innovation with the site I
> think it is a resource that could be beneficial to many.

-1 for a CMS from me. The reason the current website is simple is
precisely because people don't have time to add content to it, no
matter how nice an idea it is to have a vibrant and thronging site
crammed full of useful stuff. The compromise we came up with last time
was to have the simple front page and then the wiki, with the idea
that the wiki makes it possible to add loads of content if people have
the time...and broadly we haven't had that time -- Morley and others
have added stuff to the wiki, and that's pretty cool, but I personally
don't believe what's missing there is a CMS, what's missing is more
content rather than more ways to organise it. Of course, I've
specifically bowed out because I don't have the time, so maybe there's
lots of people with lots more energy and spare time who'll commit to
regularly updating the Wolves LUG site, but I'd be surprised...

See the last couple of times this discussion has come up at
http://mailman.lug.org.uk/pipermail/wolves/2005-August/thread.html#16092
and http://mailman.lug.org.uk/pipermail/wolves/2004-November/thread.html#10721
for further discussion on these points, although the LUG is full of
new people now and so perhaps everything has changed!

sil

--
2. Make it halfway normal. I don't have any use for
laser-beam-shooting pocket combs, or non-existent existents existing