[Wolves] Pretty cool Wolves-Lug meeting

ArchLinuxUser dick_turpin dick_turpin at archlinux.us
Thu Nov 8 10:44:11 GMT 2007

On 08/11/2007, Mark Croft <croftyboy at googlemail.com> wrote:

> yeah it best lug meeting i have been to for ages.

Only coz I was there :-P

> A friend is after a mid spec laptop , but not sure whether to go
> download find a cheap second hand P3/P4 1GHZ. Or just go to asda/tesco
> and get one them £250/£280 ones was talking about for her? The
> univeristy is repairing her student one and will be without for about
> 6weeks so its only a temp thing. Anyway will talk to my sister and see
> if they decided on something. Maybe the student lappy is fixed now.

"Shock, horror! he's not trying to sell"
As I said last night check out Tesco, Woolworths, Asda, Aldi and of
all places Staples these outlets are doing some cracking deals
especially with the run up to Christmas. When looking at these
machines look at them from the *Value for Money* point of view rather
than *Raw processing power* you're not gonna get a Clay Computer for
27p but you can get a pretty cool Acer for just over £300 from ASDA at
the moment.

If you punt around you can get a really good spec for under £300.00
anything under £270 inc VAT bite their hand off.

I'm happy to sell you something but remember I have to make a small profit :-(

--
Regards

Dick Turpin
http://www.cannon-linux.co.uk

Arch Linux is an independent i686-optimized community distribution for
intermediate and advanced Linux users. Utilising a Rolling Release
System packages are regularly updated and an ISO release is just a
snapshot to the stable packages at that time. So there's no need for a
fresh install the command 'pacman –Syu' upgrades the whole system.