[Wolves] Greylistd

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 8 21:05:52 GMT 2007

--- Wayne <waynelists at machx.co.uk> wrote:

> Someone here put me on to Greylistd to use with
> Exim.
> It works fairly well but does not seem to be
> supported anymore.
> Any other similar programs to suggest.

Ulp. That might have been me. Try:

http://www.greylisting.org/implementations/exim.shtml

> My main gripe is that it does not seem to be
> learning as its supposed to be.

Really? I don't have that problem. Is it configured
correctly? I noticed it is quite sensitive to minor
errors in the whitelist-hosts files, Exim greylisted
everything when I put in 192.160.1 as per some of the
examples rather than 192.168.1.0/24 for example.

If mail is getting through then it's learning
something. Try tweaking your timeouts in
/etc/greylistd/conf if stuff isn't getting through in
a timely manner or if they go back to getting
greylisted after a timeframe you find unsuitable.
People who send you mail successfully once should be
allowed through for up to 60 days since the last
successful mail by detault. Also check the paths to
your triplets, statefile and whitelist-hosts files are
accurate and those files exist.

What isn't happening that should or should be
happening but isn't?

Ad

--

http://blog.adamsweet.org/