[Wolves] Meetings

the.lock.keeper at ukonline.co.uk the.lock.keeper at ukonline.co.uk
Fri Nov 9 01:09:11 GMT 2007

Quoting Dave Morley <davmor2 at gmail.com>:
> Due to the fact that we now have a minor in our midst and Licensing
> regulations at pubs I have formulated a plan of attack for the meeting
> and want to know which everyone would prefer.  Vote by adding your email
> to this post and simply select the number you want to vote for.
>
> Meetings based on a 4 meeting cycle
>
> 1/  Mine, Pub, Spice Avenue (probably), Pub.
> 2/  Mine, Pub, Mine, Spice Avenue (probably).
> 3/  Mine, Spice Avenue, Pub, Spice Avenue.
> 4/  Add your own option here
>
> My plan I thought for the pub would be to vary it ie. Hogs head, Moon,
> Crooked house, Pie factory etc.
>
> Where as the other meeting would be fixed.
>
> So let me know what you think please :)

A great meeting this week, Dave.  The first one I've been to for a while but the
kind of meeting I prefer.  This was because there was some real Linux stuff
going on (with installs etc.).  It was good to see some of you guys who know
what you are doing using Linux (particularly yourself and Ron) - a real
opportunity to learn.  This is what I thought LUG meetings were for - seeing
Linux actually being used.  I must admit that a lot of what is discussed when we
meet elsewhere (Moon etc.) goes over my head a bit.  My personal preference
would be for all meetings at yours.  However, there are probably many who would
disagree (particularly those who know Linux well) - saying it would be much more
fun to go to the pub/restaurant.  On Balance, then option 2 would be a good
compromise.  At least that way you're likely to get me along to the meetings
once a month.

Rob